On 26th September 2015, World Contraceptive Day was celebrated in Cheptulu, Vihiga County, organized by County Health Management Team (CHMT), Health workers, Community Health volunteers and various groups
GIZ Health Sector Programme (GIZ HSP) supported organizers and logistics to make it a success.
In the morning, a large audience assembled in the sports field to participate in this event. The Honorary Guest, the County First Lady, Mrs. Elizabeth Akaranga was welcomed by the organizers.
In their speeches, the First Lady, Deputy Governor, Director of health and local leaders emphasized the impact of Family Planning (FP) on the health of mothers and children and stressed the dangers of early pregnancies for girls.
The programme comprised a variety of items:
• Mobilization by Community Health Volunteers
• Dances and songs, stressing the meaning of Family Planning and addressing youth, women and men
• Sketches showing the advantages of Family Planning and referring to local customs
• Speeches from First Lady, Deputy Governor, County Health Management Team CHMT, Partners and local Leaders including Chiefs and Sub Chiefs
• Distribution of booklets compiling Family Planning measures available in Kenya
• Services (such as Family Planning counselling, supplying long term methods, cervical cancer screening) offered for the entire day
• Interviews conducted by 3 radio stations
The event attracted an audience which applauded the performers and speakers enthusiastically. The message that Family Planning is a strong tool to improve the health of mothers, children and youth was well received.
August 9, 2018
April 18, 2018
February 19, 2018
January 29, 2018